2. Who we are
CrewBoss is an American business that provides calendar scheduling software solutions for builders and subcontractors in the construction and building industry. Specifically, we provide an online platform whereby builders, subcontractors and other parties may schedule and assign tasks and then notify other parties to accept and complete those tasks. These services are designed to assist with project management and coordination in the construction and building industry.
Our headquarters are in Pooler, Georgia.
3. Our approach to privacy
As a business, we obtain personal information from persons only when they sign up to use our services and consent to our collection of that information for the purposes of using our services. For example, we will collect email addresses and phone numbers so we can notify you when a task has been assigned to you.
We do not share or sell personal information to third parties for any other purposes. We do not abuse or misuse your personal information, or let it fall into the wrong hands. We only collect or process your information for the reasons we say we do.
4. Your consent
When you use our services we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, phone number and physical address. We will also collect bank details and other information for billing purposes, such as credit card details.
If you do not want your personal information to be used in any of the ways listed above, then please do not use our website or services.
5. Where and why we collect and process your personal information
We collect your personal information from the following sources:
- When you sign up to use our services; and
- When you contact us including where you contact us for help or support.
We process your information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you;
- To provide you with information you have requested from us; and
- To manage any communication between us and you.
6. Our legal basis for processing your information
By using services and website we assume you have provided consent for us to collect, process and store your personal information. Further, if you have come to our website or contacted us for help or information we also assume you have provided us with consent to collect, possess and store your information.
7. What information we collect
As part of our services, we collect and analyze a range of personal information on individuals who have provided informed consent for us to do so. This may be quite broad and include sensitive personal information.
Such personal information, including sensitive personal information, that is publicly or legally available and may include:
- Personal names and addresses;
- Personal Email addresses;
- Personal phone numbers;
- Billing information including bank account and credit card details.
If you are visiting our website, are one of our customers, or are trying to contact us for information, assistance or technical support, then the information we may collect any or all of the information described above.
8. Sharing information with third parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Group companies, who may provide related or ancillary services; and
- Internationally recognized legal and regulatory bodies as required.
We will also share personal information in the following circumstances:
- If we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request (e.g. to assist in matters of public interest or safety);
- If we sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy. We endeavor to provide you with notice prior to the transfer of your personal information to a successor entity;
- To complete any transaction or provide any product or service you have requested or authorized;
- To maintain the security of the website and our services; and
- To protect ours and your rights and property.
We have what we believe are robust, appropriate and sufficient security controls in place to protect personal information. Risk assessment, including assessing risks to the rights and freedoms of information subjects, is at the heart of our Information security management system. Although even with that, we have no control over what happens between your smartphone device and our information infrastructure. You should be aware of the many cyber security risks that exist and take appropriate steps to safeguard your own information.
We accept no liability in respect of breaches that occur beyond our sphere of control. However, we take the privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously and use a number of methods to try to keep your personal information secure from loss or unauthorized use or access when it is in our possession or control. These methods include reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures to restrict access to your personal information. Access to your information (for example amongst our employees and customers) is strictly controlled.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website and/or apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should never share a password with anyone and you should ensure that you do not reuse or recycle passwords.
Where required by applicable law, we will notify you of any loss of or unauthorized access to your personal information, and we will cooperate with the appropriate authorities to investigate such incidents in a timely fashion.
10. Retention of your information
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. In most cases, this will be solely for the purposes of providing our services to you.
11. Your rights
As an information subject whose personal information we collect and process, you have certain rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact details supplied below. In order to process your requests, we will ask you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes.
Your rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed. As an information controller, we are obliged to provide clear and transparent information about our information processing activities. This is provided by this policy and any related communications we may send to you.
- The right of access. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We will always provide this free of charge. Once we have verified your identity and, if relevant, the authority of any third-party requestor, we will provide access to the personal information we hold about you as well as the following;
- The categories of personal information concerned
- The purpose for processing the personal information
- If applicable, who we have disclosed the information to
- The proposed or planned retention period for that information
- The source of personal information, if collected from a third party
- The right to rectification. If you feel we hold inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you, you may exercise your right to correct or complete it. This may be used in conjunction with the right to restrict processing (see below) to make sure that incorrect or incomplete information is not processed until it has been rectified.
- The right to erasure. Often referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’. Where no overriding legal basis or legitimate reason continues to exist for processing your personal information, you have the right to request that we delete that information. We will always take all reasonable steps to ensure the erasure or deletion of your information.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information. We will still store the information, but will not process it further. This right is an alternative to the right to erasure. If any of the following conditions apply, then you may exercise your right to restrict processing;
- You contest accuracy of your personal information and we are verifying it.
- Your information has been unlawfully processed.
- We no longer need the personal information for processing but the personal information is required for part of a legal process (e.g. establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim).
- You have exercised your right to object and processing is restricted pending a decision on the status of that processing.
- The right to information portability. You may request personal information which we hold, to be transferred to you, another controller, processor or third party. We must ensure we provide it in a commonly used and machine readable format. This right only applies because our lawful basis for processing is either consent or for the performance of a contract.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your information. This applies when processing is;
- Based on your legitimate interests (or those of a third party)
- For the purposes of direct marketing
- For research purposes (scientific, historic or statistical)
- Based upon public tasks or legitimate interests
12. Contact Us
Should you have any questions, comments or concerns about this policy or how we handle and process your information then please email email@example.com.
c/o BuilderBackOffice LLC
United States of America
Crew Boss customer service team’s may be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.